Monday, January 23, 2012

Easy Snow White Dress

I knew my little girl has a thing for Snow White, but I didn't fully realize just how much of a hold Snow White has on Evan until she started potty training last week.  Evan will often tell me "I'm so happy I'm a princes," and sometimes even, "I'm so happy I'm Snow White," so when I was looking for extra potty encouragement, I said to my sweet girl, "Snow White pee-pees in the potty."  Had I only known the power those 6 little words had, I would have used it before, many, many times before. 

Snow White doesn't throw fits.
Snow White eats her veggies.
Snow White sleeps through the night.
Snow White shares her cupcakes.

Ah, the possibilities.

With that one sentence, Evan was potty trained.  Really, like in a few days.  Don't hate me for bragging.  So to reward her hard work, I had to make her her own Snow White dress to wear whenever she wanted.



This dress is super simple and easy.  I used Simplicity pattern 5695, view E. 

 I had to adjust my sleeves, but I mostly followed the puff sleeved tutorial from here: http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2010/11/snow-white-sleeves-tutorial.html
These sleeves are shaped slightly different and call for elastic at the top and bottom, so I just made the pleats as shown in the above tutorial and then sewed on a small fabric tube at the top and bottom of the sleeves for the elastic casing.   And there you have Snow White!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Search This Blog